Tuesday, August 21, 2012

No Worries

  I did a devotion/bible study a few days ago, and it was just about the best bible study I had done myself like ever. I had a lot on my mind about my siblings, myself, school, other people other than family, various controversies around the country and the world, and just my future life in general. I really needed a Godly pick-me-up, and so I pulled out my old No Boys Allowed devotions book from my dusty bookshelf. (Okay, my bookshelf is not dusty, I'm just trying to sound dramatic) I asked God to lead me to the best devotion for the time I was going through. I closed my eyes, held the paperback book in my hands, and opened it up. I let my eyes open, then looked at the title.
  Worry About Nothing. Pray About Everything.
  I felt amazing. I thanked God about ten times before I actually read the devotion. Here are some of my favorite parts from it:
 "You will find dozens of opportunities to worry every day, if you choose to. You may have personal troubles: your upcoming test, a sick parent, someone mad at you at school. You may worry about the state of the world: tragedies seen on TV, or a parent overseas in the military. Just remember: every opportunity to worry is also a chance to involve God in the matter. Since he's all powerful, what better person to be involved?"
 "Don't be worried, concerned, anxious, troubled, or uneasy about anything; instead, talk to God about everything. Tell God what you need - He wants you to - but don't forget to thank Him for what he has already done for you."
  I read the verse that it said to explore; Matthew 6:25. And the base verse; Philippians 4:6: Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
  Right then and there, I just overflowed all that was on my mind, and all that was worrying me to God. I also thanked him for all that He had done for me, being particular. It helped me remember that when you talk to God, you don't just need to focus on the big "important" stuff, i.e., sad thing: someone dying, happy thing: getting to go on a trip, etc. But you also need to focus on the little stuff, i.e., sad thing: not being able to talk to your friend, happy thing: having a clean room, etc. Because God works in everything. When I was talking to Him, it felt like talking to a best friend, spilling everything out, and not regretting or feeling guilty about anything you said.
  Worry about nothing. Pray about everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment