Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Tree

Well, I've had "My Tree" that I always climb in my back yard. I love going up there, because I feel close to God there. I have a water-proof Band-AID packet in case I get any scrapes or cuts, a water-proof vase that I put flowers in every day, a side-to-side elevator (that's actually a bird feeder), and a prayer box, that's a cardboard 2 1/2 inch box with a lid, that I painted and sealed both the top and the lid. Every week, or every few days or so, I'll write a prayer on a small piece of paper, fold it up, and put it in my prayer box. After a while, I'll go back and read all of my prayers. You might think I just "like going up there", but, I REALLY love going up there, either doing my school, or just thinking while I sit. "Everyone needs their retreat." Said Mom. So whatever your personality, always try to find somewhere that can be a thinking place, a working place, a reading place, simply a retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment